Golden Casino Group
Director of I.T.
October 2010 – Present
- Led analysts in administering three casino infrastructure, including VMWare virtual deployment, Compellant iSCSI SAN, Active Directory domain with ISA perimeter, and multiple SQL database servers.
- Measured and directed budget and scope for development, improvement, and installation projects, improved Virtual Drawing structure and deployed it at other corporate entities.
- Saved significant cost from Promotional kiosk database flaws and directed from revision through go-live.
- Directed departmental budget, internal and regulatory compliance, and front-line held desk support.
- Populated fully turned-over department, evaluating needs, interviewing, hiring, and managing talent.
- Implemented indoor/outdoor dynamic digital signage and lighting arrays on technical and creative levels.
Self-Employed Consultant (Sole Proprieter)
Database Developer, Creative & Social Media Consultant
September 2009 – Present
- SSRS and SQL development against Microsoft GP Dynamics CRM, including SQL 2005-2008 transition.
- Social media, animation, and website inbound marketing management utilizing Hubspot.com tools.
- Clients included Shuffle Master Intl., RemoteLearner.net, and Golden Casino Group.
July 2009 – September 2009
- Strategized product development opportunities and direction with programmers and owners.
- Developed the first knowledgebase of company’s software and support issues, and outlined procedures for issue handling, bug reports, and client management using new web-based CRM suite.
- Galvanized personnel, assigned job responsibilities, and implemented disciplinary actions.
- Impressed client base with responsiveness, commitment to support, and problem-solving attitude.
Golden Casino Group
Database Marketing Manager
April 2006 – July 2009
- Improved business intelligence and information reporting—by deploying web-based reports, developing code-level SQL stored procedures, and building Flash applications—for business solutions.
- Devised procedures, databases, and creative for direct mail marketing campaigns—exceeding $1,000,000 per month in cash coupon liability—working closely with corporate directors and mail-house vendors.
- Automated process to consolidate separate OLTP databases into one marketing OLAP database.
- Designed animated media for HDTVs and outdoor LEDs, edited audio, and wrote mail/radio/TV copy.
March 2005 – April 2006
- Administered LAN and multiple MS and SQL servers, supported PCs and peripherals, and researched and developed technology solutions for operational issues.
- Developed proprietary Virtual Drawing application for casino promotions based on SQL stored procedures, web-based interface, and dynamic Flash application for display to patrons.
- Upgraded servers and infrastructure, including cable runs, to complete slot system changover from Bally SDS & Casino Marketplace (Access) to Aristocrat OASIS (SQL) database products.
Slot Attendant (Lead)
June 2002 – March 2005
- Garnered excellent reviews in ensuring guest service and troubleshooting of slot machine equipment.
January 2002 – June 2002
- Ensured security of funds, certified in adult CPR, TIPS, and trained in use of fire extinguishers.
UPN 20 KTVD-TV
August 1999 – October 2001
- Coordinated visual branding effort—designed or animated motion graphics, logos, marketing and show packages, print and outdoor advertising, and new media graphics.
- Developed, launched and maintained Web site in-house, starting with code-level HTML editing.
- Produced, wrote, and edited spots for television and radio, using Avid non-linear editor.
- Produced creative for most successful direct response contest in station's history at that time.
October 1996 – July 1999
- Designed promotion and marketing materials in Denver newspapers, TV Guide, billboard/transit/POP.
- Saved $6,000+ annual outsourcing costs by moving print ad and sales material production in-house.
- Managed high volume sweeps print campaigns, at peak coordinating 36 designs in 174 total ad formats in 28 days, utilizing both original and provided creative.
- Organized graphic resources for all departments, resolving technical hurdles.
Computer Services Greeley – Manager; Denver – Associate
August 1995 – November 1996
- Offered desktop publishing, graphic design, and end-user support in a customer service atmosphere.
Sykes Enterprises, Inc.
Customer Support Technician
January 1995 – August 1995
- End-user phone support for Apple Mac products including original DOS Compatible PowerMac.
University of Northern Colorado
Little Theatre of the Rockies – Company Member; U.N.C. Mirror – Cartoonist
June 1991 – June 1994
- Cast, extra, stage hand, grip, stage carpenter, costumer, set painter, board operator; Cartoonist.
November 1988 – September 1990
Certification—Crystal Reports Level 1 & 2
Academy of Bartending and Casino Dealing
Certification—Poker & Black Jack Dealing
University of Northern Colorado
B.A. — Theatre, Acting/Directing
- Acted roles, and directed a one-act proscenium play and a full-length in-the-round production.
Chatfield Senior High
Diploma — Advanced placement in English, American History, and Spanish